At the beginning of 2021 Leek and Biddulph Primary Care Network (PCN) started rolling out the Covid Vaccination programme across two sites, one in Biddulph and one in Leek.
The vaccine supply at the moment is often at short notice, which does make planning difficult.
There may be a week when we hold a clinic at one site and not the other, and some weeks when we don’t have any vaccination clinics at all.
We want to reassure you that:
• no-one will be left out of the vaccine roll out and we will continue to meet all of the national vaccination targets
• any patients aged 65 and over who for any reason have not yet had their vaccination can contact their GP or call 119 if they wish to be vaccinated.
• for all other patients the message remains that patients should NOT call their Practice regarding their place in the queue
• practices are unable to move patients into an earlier group to receive the vaccination and are following the priority grouping guidelines from NHSE.
• If you have had your first dose, when your second dose is due your GP practice will contact you to arrange your next appointment. Please do not contact your GP practice
And finally, a heartfelt thank you to everyone involved in this mammoth vaccination programme; clinicians, volunteer marshals, practice staff, retired GPs and the countless others who are working so hard to keep us safe and well.